From the recent years, robotics has turned out to be a ingredient over which many people had shown their interest. Robotics has gained popularity due to the advancement of many technologies of computing and nanotechnologies. So, I have decided to design something that can make humans life easier and comfortable. Here my interest of review is to make a fully automated fire fighting robot which can help in dealing with many fire problems in households and small scale industries. Now I am not concentrating on making a firefighting robot that can deal with fire on large scale because I want to proceed by step by step. The need of the hour is to make a device which can detect fire, even if it is small and take the necessary action to put it off. Many household items catch fire when someone is either sleeping or away and that lead to many hazardous conditions if the fire is not putted off in time. So, my work as an electronics and computer engineer is to design and build a system that can automatically detect and extinguish fire. I have used very basic concept here, easy to understand from the prospective of beginners or for the masters of this field.
- Step 1: Temperature sensor modules were made to detect the temperature of the four different zones.
- Step 2: The voltage output of the temperature sensor is converted into digital voltage with the help of ADC in the micro controller (16F877A).
- Step 3: The output of the micro controller is displayed on LCD to show the temperature value of four different zones.
- Step 4: A signal is sent through RF transmitter module if there is an increase in temperature beyond the reference value of 35C. This signal is received by the receiver of RF module placed on the robot and micro controller will receive the pulse to operate the corresponding motor motion.
- Step 5: The water tank placed on the robot will extinguish the fire.
Results and discussion
The main goals while making this study were (a) It must run automatically (b) It must sense fire and extinguish it without making direct contact and the budget of the study should be minimum. This fire extinguish robot sense the increase in temperature by comparing it with the reference value i.e. 35C. The robot gives command to a 12V dc motor and it will give movements to the robot so it can reach to emergency zone. DC motors drive the robot wheels, we choose a dc motor for this robot because it is simple to control in terms of their speed and direction. Battery with long amp hour is used; the main idea is to
design this robot and make it think entirely on its own and should not depend on human input for direction or speed or for power supply. This robot can be used as a guide to the visitors from the entrance to the main office. It can help doctors to carry the medicines from one ward to another.
This study presents a design of a fully automated fire fighting robot and includes various modules such as temperature sensor LM35, microcontroller PIC 16F8778, 16*2 LCD and RF (Radio-Frequency) module at 433 MHz. The approximate cost of this study project is `1000. In future work, a camera can be installed on robot to check the obstacles.